Munnar is situated near the Anaimudi Peak, the highest peak in the Western Ghats at an altitude of 2,695 meters (842 feet) from the sea level. Munnar’s sprawling tea gardens with tall trees jutting out of sharp cliffs, and a plethora of wildflowers in a riot of colors, make it look like a painterâs canvas.
Drive around and explore the points of sightsee. Watch little wisps of clouds drift past you and shroud the tea estate that was conspicuous only a while ago. All along you will be serenaded by the sound of gurgling brooks or waterfalls seeping through narrow rocks. Pause on the way, maybe to buy farm fresh carrots from a hawker or small souvenir shops selling wooden artifacts and a range of authentic spices. Photographic opportunities abound here.
|Day1||Cochin to Munnar||Arrive Cochin Airport / Railway Station. Drive to Munnar.
– Munnar is one of the most famous hill station situated on the Western Ghats at the height of 1600 metres above the sea level. It is essentially a tea town – miles of unending tea plantation can be seen here.
– Enroute see Cheeyappara, Valara waterfalls, Spice plantations, Rubber Plantations, etc…
– Arrive and check-in to the hotel, rest of the day at Leisure.
|DAY 2||Munnar||– After breakfast proceed for Munnar sightseeing.
– Morning visit Eravikulam National Park which is also known as Rajamala, the natural habitat of Nilgiri Thar. Nilgiri Thar can be observed very closely here (you have to walk some time to see the animal – look like goat, not advisable to go if it is rainint). Afternoon visit Mattupetty dam, Echo point and Kundala Lake. Boating facilities are available at Mattupetty Dam and Kundala Lake. While coming back visit flower garden. Evening free for shopping. Overnight at hotel
– Optional Activities at Munnar : Motor boat or speedboat ride at Mattupetty Dam, Kundala Lake, Elephant Safari, Horse ride at Kundala, Trekking, Ayurveda Massage etc.
– Shopping : Tea, coffee, Spices
|DAY 3||Munnar to Kochi||– After breakfast checkout from hotel and proceed to Cochin, if time permits do Cochin sight seeing.
– Interesting places to see are St. Francis Church, Jewish Synagogue, Jew Street, Dutch Palace, Chinese fishing nets etc.
– Later drop at Airport / Railway station to depart your home town.